Senior Database Administrator
The Sr. Database Administrator reports to the Director, Data Services. The Sr. Database Administrator is directly involved in the execution of tactical and strategic data-related projects, resolution of production issues, and the implementation, support and maintenance of the overall data services infrastructure and services. They also uphold or exceed uptime SLAs, maintain asset tracking, service quality, client satisfaction, and partner relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Perform database server installations, database administration, maintenance, performance monitoring and SQL tuning activities, and disaster recovery planning, documentation and testing
- Help establish standards and best practices for database design; consult with development and quality assurance on compliance for database design best practices
- Work with product development/Infrastructure teams to streamline product implementations, design and processes
- Provide off hours support, as needed, to support product enhancements, data uploads and technical issues
- Support data migration projects, conversions and product upgrades
- Discover automation opportunities to replace manual processes
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, plus at least 8 years of MSSQL Server experience or equivalent combination of education, technical and experience
- Technical experience working with relational databases, techniques, de-normalized data structures, and ad hoc query/reporting
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017. Always-on (with R/W split), logshipping is a must. Other RDBMS such as MySQL(linux), Red is is good to have. Experience with NO-SQL/Hadoop clusters is a plus.
- Idera or other monitoring software, database monitoring scripts, SQL trace, load balancers, caching servers
- Powershell scripting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2 and 2016
- The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to; 24X7X365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, big data, data warehousing, business intelligence, predictive analytics, database design, database tuning, application optimization, application design, resource provisioning, virtual computing and storage, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, service level agreements, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration.