Partnership creates platform to highlight impact women have in the technology economy
SALT LAKE CITY, May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Women Tech Council (www.womentechcouncil.org), a non-profit, today announced its 2016 industry partners. The partnerships enable opportunities, visibility, mentoring and networking for women in technology. The Women Tech Council was created 9 years ago to build a community of collaboration and performance around women in tech. Headquartered in Utah, where more then 5000 tech companies are located, the Women Tech Council has a community of more than 10,000 that work together for this cause.
“Our organization has always focused on the impact women have on the technology economy. The support for that focus is demonstrated by our list of partners. We bring companies and individuals, men and women, together to change cultures, increase retention, expand the pipeline and have impact on the bottom.” Said Cydni Tetro, president and founder WTC and CEO 3DplusMe.
“I work everyday with our industry partners,” said Sara Jones, VP Partnerships and founder and CEO IFINIDI, “they represent some of the best companies in tech. They are committed to women in technology because they recognize the impact that diverse teams have on the bottom line. Our partnership enables us to work together to make a real difference in companies today and for future women in tech”.
The 2016 industry partner companies are:
- Adobe (www.adobe.com) changing the world through digital experiences. We help our customers create, deliver and optimize content and applications.
- Ancestry (www.Ancestry.com) the world’s largest online family history resource.
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development (www.goed.utah.gov): Provider of rich business resources for the creation, growth and recruitment of companies to Utah and to increase tourism and film production in the state.
- Health Catalyst (www.healthcatalyst.com) Leaders in Healthcare Data Warehousing, Analytics, and Outcomes Improvement.
- Lucid Software (www.golucid.co) Lucid’s lineup includes Lucidchart, the popular diagramming application used to create compelling and attractive visual communications, and Lucidpress, a recently launched publishing tool used to create print and digital content with ease.
- OC Tanner (www.octanner.com) a human resource consulting and services company that designs and helps implement employee recognition programs for clients in the U.S., Canada, India and Europe.
- RizePoint (www.rizepoint.com) (Formerly Steton) is the global leader in software solutions that proactively safeguard enterprise compliance—for both internally-imposed standards and externally-imposed regulations.
- Domo (www.domo.com): A new form of business intelligence (BI)— an executive management platform delivered as a service that helps managers and executives transform the way they run their business.
- Grant Thornton (www.grantthornton.com): U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations.
- Instructure (www.instructure.com) makes software that makes smarter people. Products include Canvas LMS, Bridge and Canvas Network.
- Intrepid (www.intrepidagency.com) A strategic communication agency partnering with clients from diverse industries nationwide.
- Pelion Venture Partners (www.pelionvp.com) Pelion is an early stage venture capital firm empowering good ideas and the entrepreneurs behind them.
- School Improvement Network (www.schoolimprovement.com) creates online training resources that make good teachers great, and help change students’ lives for the better.
- Vérité (www.verite.com): A worldwide digital communications agency specialized in digital advertising campaigns.
- Western Governors University (www.wgu.edu) is an accredited national university offering online, competency-based bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
- Ballard Spahr (www.ballardspahr.com): Law firm based in Salt Lake City with a focus on public finance and financial services.
- HireVue (www.hirevue.com) Provides video job interview technologies combined with recruitment screening and evaluation tools for employers.
- Stoel Rives (www.stoel.com) Business law firm providing corporate and litigation services to a wide range of clients throughout the United States.
- Tanner (www.tannerco.com): A public accounting firm, offering a wide array of tax, assurance, and consulting services.
- TEKsystems (www.TEKsystems.com): A leading IT staffing and services company specializing in technical staff augmentation and direct placement services, IT project management and comprehensive workforce management solutions.
- Truenorthlogic (www.truenorthlogic.com) is the K-12 expert in implementing actionable, web-based software solutions to support an educator’s entire professional growth cycle
- Vivint (www.vivint.com): Vivint is the largest home automation company in North America and is dedicated to protecting families, saving energy, and simplifying lives.
- ViaWest (www.viawest.com): ViaWest is one of the largest privately-held data center and managed services providers in North America.
- Xactware (www.xactware.com) Xactware Solutions provides computer software solutions for professionals involved in estimating all phases of building and repair.
- Diversified Insurance Group (www.diversifiedinsurance.com) offers the property, casualty and healthcare risk management expertise you need to protect your assets and your employees – making your job easier without busting your budget.
- Durham Jones & Pinegar (www.djplaw.com): Offering a full range of legal services to a diverse client base, from large public companies to private corporations to individuals.
- eBay (www.ebay.com): The world’s largest online marketplace, where practically anyone can buy and sell practically anything.
- Holland & Hart (www.hollandhart.com): Delivers integrated legal solutions to regional, national, and international clients of all sizes, from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 corporations.
- MarketStar (www.marketstar.com): An established authority in strategic sales and marketing outsourcing, go-to-market systems and business intelligence.
- Orbital ATK (www.orbitalatk.com): Development and application of space technologies for practical benefits here on Earth.
- Pluralsight (www.pluralsight.com) the global leader in high-quality online training for serious software developers and IT pros.
- Utah Valley University College of Technology & Computing (http://www.uvu.edu/tc/) preparing students for successful careers or advanced study in a dynamic, technology-based, global environment.
- The Advent Group (www.theadventgroup.com) Custom designed promotional products with exclusive brands: Promote your corporate brand in a way no one will forget.
- Verisage (www.verisage.us) We create value through technology. One simple concept drives all that we do – creating value for our clients.
If you are interested in learning more about working with the Women Tech Council please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Women Tech Council
Founded in 2007, the Women Tech Council is an organization that is focused on networking, mentoring, visibility and opportunities for women in technology. We provide leadership, resources, and mentoring for women while maintaining a strong bond with the business community supporting avenues for top technology talent and visible sponsorship opportunities. We support women in technology companies, women in technology roles in other companies, and women-owned and women-operated technology companies. We pride ourselves on recognizing women leaders and entrepreneurs in the technology business and supporting them.
For more information on Women Tech Council, visit: www.womentechcouncil.org