SALT LAKE CITY, Sept. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Yesterday, the Women Tech Council honored 17 trailblazing women with 2014 Women Tech Awards, an annual award recognizing women who are changing the face of technology with ties to Utah. The awards luncheon took place at The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. Five college students were also recognized for outstanding work in their pursuit of STEM-related fields of study.
Award recipients, are as follows:
- Academic Excellence – Tina Van Riper, Weber State University
- Engineering Excellence – Stacy Pierce, Rockwell Collins
- Education Excellence – Helen Hu, Westminster College
- Technology Innovator – Kathy Philpot, ATK
- Marketing Excellence – Susan Cashen, Control4
- Technology Leadership – Nicole Neumarker, Alliance Health
The Impact Award was presented to eBay Inc. for its exceptional work advancing women in technology. This was the first year that the Impact Award was presented to a company.
“It is an honor to recognize these women whose innovative ideas and actions are opening the doors for future generations to make a difference in the technology industry,” said Cydni Tetro, Executive Director of the Women Tech Council. “These role models demonstrate every day that women are leading the path in this field. My hope is that more young women across the nation become inspired by these accomplishments to pursue STEM-related courses and careers.”