Women Tech Council recognized seventeen technology-focused women who are driving innovation, leading technology companies and contribution to the technology economy in the Seventh Annual Women Tech Awards held at the Grand America Hotel.
Award recipients, listed alphabetically, are as follows:
- Marketing Excellence, Susan Cashen
- Education Excellence, Helen Hu
- Technology Leadership, Nicole Neumarker
- Engineering Excellence, Stacy Pierce
- Technology Innovator, Kathy Philpot
The Impact Award was presented to eBay Inc. for its exceptional work advancing women in technology. This was the first year that the Impact Award was presented to a company.
EY, USTAR, Instructure, eBay, Parsons Behle & Latimer, and MountainWest Capital Network
Liz Wiseman, author of Wall Street Journal bestseller Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, and president of the Wiseman Group
STEM Student Awards:
We have also sponsored over 500 high school students to attend the awards, helping to inspire the next generation of STEM-focused students. In this and other efforts, we are an integral part of the STEM education pipeline for young women. This year's university student award recipients were:
- Sarah Hong, University of Utah
- Nicole Martin, Brigham Young University
- Hannah Peterson, Utah Valley University
- Sabina Schill, Westminster College
- Tina Van Riper, Weber State University
The Academic Excellence Award was given to Tina Van Riper.